Every Friday writers from around the world contribute 100 word stories prompted by a photograph. Rochelle Wisoff-Fields co-ordinates Friday Fictioneers. Thank you, Rochelle. Here’s my story and you can check out the others on Rochelle’s Friday Fictioneers blog.
Slippages Made in Dating Mary from Geophysics
1. Control film choice. Despite 27 being 33 = 3 × 3 × 3, a perfect cube, ‘27 Dresses’ disappoints.
2. Do not apprise Mary of safety risks in wearing heels where the foot forms the hypotenuse of a triangle of 40 degrees.
3. Prevaricate if asked for opinion on unattractive red dress.
4. Allow 5 minutes for return to locked house for tissues.
5. Do not reprove Mary for disrupting carefully orchestrated time schedule.
6. Allow 10 minutes for her justifications.
7. Do not permit Mary to compose time schedule for next date. 3 years. Still waiting.